Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Rainy season commences

3 June 2013

The big rainy season, known as “Krimpt,” is my favorite time of year in Ethiopia! Here are a few reasons why:

    • ·         Kids caught in the rain pull up their shirt collars over their head to protect themselves from getting wet. All I see is a bunch of mini Bevis and Buttheads running around. Fan-tastic!
      ·         It’s the only time I don’t feel bad for women wearing burkas.
      ·         When the rain falls Adaba doesn’t smell like S@#%.
      ·         I don’t have to worry about my school gardens or tree nurseries that always need watering.
      ·         The streets vacate as everyone escapes the rain. The rare and beloved silence is relaxing.
      ·         There is no guilt when I spend all afternoon writing letters and reading.
      ·         I love Ramadan and the rain means it’s almost here! 


No comments:

Post a Comment