Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bad signs

These are poorly written signs that I have seen in Ethiopia. I hope they make you laugh as much as they did me. (This blog idea was taken from my friend Stasia, who is serving in Peru.)
Turns out this organization works on food security and tree nurseries that generate income for vulnerable women and children; an ideal work counterpart for me in my town. Unfortunately, I only recently was able to read their sign and figure out what they call themselves. There are no cognates between English and Oromiifa for "Action for basic development initiatives." This is the worst attempt I've seen for written English.



I'm not much for hamburgers, but this one looks especially unappetizing.

A "perception desk" is not a bad idea.


Public litter boxes would be an improvement in Ethiopia, but alas they don't actually exists.
Birds as transportation? 

Just bad advertising. 

No comments:

Post a Comment