Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hair Care(less).

Hair styles are varied in Ethiopia, from men to women and all the children, everyone has something different. Here are some of the most entertaining hairstyles that I've captured on camera.

If you turn a wig inside out this is what the stitching looks like.
My favorite part is the little tail coming out the crown of her head.

Rat tails are still in style for Ethiopian boys

Loomi after she took her braids out
Mituu with her Tigray region bumps

Once, I braided Loomi's hair for school. Not to bad ehh? 
Tigray girl who hiked with me, the thin cornrows are traditional,
 the dread locks are her own style.
My fellow PCVs in the Tigray region took it upon themselves to experience Ethiopian beauty salon magic.
 Yes, that is a lot of yellow weave!



I had a moment of trepidation about leaving Ethiopia, so my friend Burtukan braided my hair. It seemed like a worthy activity at the time, but obviously is not something I should have explored. It's not a look I plan on repeating, but plenty of laughs were had from it. You're welcome.

This is after I took out my cornrows. It looks like I'm a librarian addicted to prescription drugs.
 Again, it's not a look I plan on repeating or a lifestyle I will adopt, but it gives plenty of laughs. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Rat tails are a thing for Peruvian guys, too! It's stylish or something. Makes me want to walk around with a pair of scissors and just nip that little dangly mess off.

    ReplyDelete