Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas in Hawasa and Wondo Genet

Jacarundi (sp) trees and oleander

Name this bird

stork nesting in the rookery

Giant Stork

This stork is atleast 3ft. tall when standing

Name this bird...

Beautiful neighborhood in Awasa

My childhood dreams came true: Superman herding cows.

Lake Hawasa at sunset

Young fisherman's last attempts to catch dinner
Merry Christmas!

Sunset over Hawasa Lake

PCVs from Group 4 and 6!

Hundreds of these live on the Wondo Genet campus. I can't get enough of them!

Orion, Theresa, me and Bob in Wondo Genet

Hike around the Wondo Genet campus.


Big ole' baboon!
It was a pretty steep hike!

Christmas hike in Wondo Genet

Watching the sunset after our hike to the top of the ridge

2 comments:

  1. Your Ethiopian bird book is in the mail. Soon you can ID them for yourself. Great photos BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I would have e-mailed you, but I figured this was a better way to get a hold of you) All the new pictures are even more enticement to come and visit! It looks amazing! The lone fisherman at sunset is a postcard-worthy pic. And I'm such a sucker for monkeys anyway (and baboons). Your updates have truly been a pleasure to read, and in regards to Sara, very sad to hear about. I'm still very determined to come visit. When you get a chance, please let me know when might be best to stop by : ) Glad you're doing so well!
    Merry post-Christmas and a Happy New Year!
    -Jon Huyck

    ReplyDelete